We went to the Mexico City Temple open house. On the grounds here they have the MTC, dorms, distribution center, Church, visitor center, and Temple. The grounds are so beautiful. It is a peacefully place in the middle of a big town.
Family in front of the Temple
It took us four hours, waiting in line to see the Temple. It was a wonder thing to have the whole family walk through the Temple together and to talk to them about it. Emma wanted to see Heavenly Father and Jesus while we were there and couldn't understand why they were not there to say hi to everyone while we were there.We met Elder and Sister Wilson, who are serving a couples mission, while waiting in line. They are from Cache Valley and a wonderful couple we hope to see again when we move back home. They have been here long enough to know a lot of the language and even more of the missionaries that serve here.
The Temple is the biggest I have ever been in. It is so beautiful and the chandeliers are so amazing. I am excited to be able to do Temple work here. We hope to return soon. The Temple will be dedicated on November 16.
3 comments:
Wow that is a huge temple! And it kind of reminds me of the origional... from the Bible!
It's so...white...and beautiful. We are planning to go to the London Temple on Saturday so I will have to take some pic's, if I can go...Nicole is really sick with a cold. One of the kids always gets really sick when we plan a temple trip. Mel will go for sure but I just pray Nicole will kick this cold in 2 days...(a hopeful sigh.)
The temple looks so pretty. A lot of people must of wanted to see it, if you had to wait four hours in line. I got to go and see the temple in las vegas when I was down there last, and that was really neat. I didn't have the kids with me, and I just walked aroudn the outside, but it was very pretty. I love that Emma thought see would see God and Jesus there. That is too cute! That is a good picture of the family too.
Post a Comment